Sunday, February 15, 2009

Love and Friends

We spent a fantastic Valentine's Evening with friends... while waiting 2 hours for our table I obviously was a little sick of my friends as you can see below...



Ahhhh just kidding this gal is one of the bestest friend's you could have!!!
And then "V" was so wonderfully sweet even though he felt like sick...it was so nice to have him back for this holiday!

"V" was having a delicious beer for our friend Jared who's cutie patootie wife is pictured above...Jared's Birthday is on Valentine's Day and we missed him since he's deployed....
According to the local guys that Jared is hanging with in that very warm sandy far-away country he's soooo pale that he swims in Milk so we thought it was pretty funny that his wife ended up with this coaster last night at dinner...
Great Friend's on a great Valentine's night!
We came back to our house for a ton of valentine's goodies!!!
I had set the table before we left and covered everything in saran wrap to keep the kids and dogs out...
I was smart enough this time to pretty much buy everything pre-made with the exception of the Cupcakes and Trifle which were both super easy...
This Trifle was almost Completely Fat Free!! And "D" LOVED it!!! Make a Angel Food Cake some Fat Free Raspberry Jello and Raspberry Non Fat Yogurt..break up the cake and layer all of the ingredients...freeze for 2 hours and your set!

Store bought chocolate cake with some Fresh strawberries added on top
It's amazing these cupcakes even made it to the table after I had dumped them all into the saran wrap right before leaving...somehow I managed to re-decorate them in 2 minutes....
The pink plate is part of my new conversation heart plate set I picked up earlier in the morning for $8!!!
My favorite cookies....
The silver heart pictured was a gift from a very sweet co-worker on Friday!!
Boy did those vintage cards come in handy!!!
Flowers from my sweet friend Doris who recently quit her job, is going back to school, and started a new job as a German Translator...such big changes all in a week!! I am so proud of her!!!
What Valentine's day would be complete without chocolate covered strawberries...oh and a little beer...
My card to Dale...Check out my cutie mini cupid...I bought a few of these for the decor...
And of course Valentine's dollar store balloons...

I hope everyone had a fantastic day with their loved ones!!!

1 comment: