Thursday, April 30, 2009
Like a knucklehead I am working until the day before the mover's come and we move...and "V" has been away for the last month. So needless to say not much has happened in my world to prepare...
All I've accomplished is emptying "M"'s room of useless stuff. I still need to get to the boy's room, the kitchen and I have no idea what's in the attic...AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
Ok on the bright side...we do have the house all rented and ready to go, we have the utilities set to turn off here and on at the new location. I have contacted the kids school to let them know that they will be withdrawn early.
I have so many obligations I still need to finish up here I just don't have time...I am super stressed which I know is normal when moving, but can I just say ARE WE DONE YET?????
Oh yeah and today, 'M" has a track meet, "D" has a Golf Match, and "A" has Soccer...all around the same time..."V" you need to HURRY home!!!
Also as a reminder to myself I need to get pictures of our current home taken for my album of "places we've lived", before everything is packed up!
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Soo.. I want to pass the award onto just a few of my favorite Bloggers...
1. Jen @ Tatertots and Jello- If you think I'm sweet then watch out Jen, just may be the sweetest and boy do I wish I was her daughter and her new cool Paris room, she's the kind of gal I would love to have a long lunch with!
2. Saucy @ Saucy's Sprinkles- Saucy is the coolest and as soon as I can get my schedule straight I am entering in her Jonas Brothers Contest for 'M" and I...because I too would love anyone of them for a son-in-law :)
Ok I love soo many more bloggers but it's my lunch break after all and I ran by the house for 5 minutes to do this and now it's back to work!
Thanks again Shawn!!!
Oh and don't forget to get in on the Pay it Forward Fun below!!!
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
I squeaked in and made it into the Pay it Forward list on Shawn's blog by the skin of my teeth since I've been "Blog Slacking"... so here's how it works and forgive me for the immense amount of plagiarizing I am about to do, but I'm at work and I am SWAMPED for time after work. so I am going to steal a bit of what Shawn said...
Pay it Forward
All you need to do to participate is be one of the first 5 people to comment to this blog and post your own pay it forward post on your blog linking back to me.
Then sometime in the next 12 months I will send you something homemade...something better than the autograph picture of me...
Now if you do decide to participate you are also agreeing to send your own homemade goody to the 5 people who participate in your own Pay it Forward fun!
The best part is...you have 12 months to complete the project and get it to your participants!
So if you comment and want to participate you will get some super cool (ok that could be subjective) homemade goody from me...like Shawn said if you like it let me know, if not then I definitely don't want to know...
So sign up and have fun with this! Hopefully I didn't leave out any details...if I've confused let me know...
Monday, April 27, 2009
So I won a Premium Account from PurpleTrail! What a super cool website, I plan on finding some time (most likely around 2am) to check out all of the cool details on the site!!
I'm super excited!!!!
Oh and do you think I should I lose the shamrock layout??? I kind of like it but it's WAY past St. Patrick's Day...I just don't know what I should do next....maybe a whole new Blog Look is the way to go.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Below is an email from "A". Just wanted to let you know. He typed it up himself. And don’t worry, he didn’t cut that much off. Just a small chunk from the front. Sorry that I didn’t catch it before it happened.
I cut my hair in class to day I don’t know why I did it but did because I had scissor’s and I wasn’t thinking and I put my hand on my head and cut my hair and now I feel mad because I love my long hair.
I swear "A" just cracks me up sometimes...I figure he's beaten himself up enough about it without me adding to it. He certainly does love he "skater" hair!
Thursday, April 16, 2009
I can't seem to slow down! I had to almost clone myself last night to get the kids picked up and dropped off for after school activities, then come home get homework done, get to the grocery store, pick up the house...and make dinner! I also tried to squeeze in some time to talk with a neighbor!
"V" you need to get home QUICK! I am starting to feel the moving squeeze, I just can't seem to get it all done!
On the agenda for this weekend...
1. Work Saturday morning
2. Take the kiddos on an outgoing they've been promised!
3. Attend a going away party for myself with my co-workers
4. Go through the boys room to get stuff ready for the move
SO yeah I'll be in Busyville for a while!
Hopefully I'll be able to take a few minutes in there somewhere and catch up on all of my favorite blogs! I miss you guys!
Monday, April 13, 2009
So now that we've found the new house my focus has shifted to decorating the new house. We'll be purchasing new furniture and I am super excited. So today while I was checking up on all of my favorite blogs I saw that 4 Reluctant Entertainers has a fantastic giveaway going on now for a 16x20 Canvas Print from Online Printing! So of course I commented to win, which was super easy because all she asked was how the economy has affected your entertaining and I can honestly say it's made it better!
So head over enter and check out the Online Printing shop!
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Ariana- you're right there could be an underlying issue and I think I know what it is, and it will resolved once I move, basically by taking my constant presence out of the picture! Thanks so much for having me think more on the subject!
Caroline- Thanks so much for giving me perspective, I've put myself in her shoes for that particular issue and I can see her need to attack, I had pointed out what I think is a bit of hypocrisy on the subject and so I think it was a defense mechanism, and thinking about that I can understand a little more! And boy did you hit the nail on the head when you said I was vulnerable, I think I am feeling more vulnerable than I have in years!
Jen- I am the queen over analyzing, poor "V" has to deal with so many issues due to my over analyzing, and I need to keep that in mind when I get upset!
Thanks so much ladies, you are all so AMAZING and I am very thankful for your wonderful words!
Friday, April 10, 2009
I'm pretty opinonated...I know this and I'm ok with it. I like that I have an opinion, like a friend told me today, if you say something to me you have to know I'm going to tell you how I feel or think about what you've said. Yesterday a friend of mine blindsided me and told me how she felt about me, she said I always have something to say about everything...if you read what I wrote above, I'm ok with someone saying that to me, but not in the delivery it was made. It was hurtful...and I was extremely taken back by the whole thing. There are things that bother me about all of my friends...and yes I usually complain about these things to other friends...I have a lot of friends who do this, I think it's cathartic...it doesn't mean I don't like them it just means they're DRIVING me NUTS ( it happens)!!! I'd like to think I'm a good friend, I try and go out of my way to help people, and I've noticed that a lot of my friends have called me to confide in me or tell me when somethings gone wrong and nine times out of ten they usually say it's because they felt like they could. I guess what I'm saying is I'm ok with being opinionated and always having something to say, I actually like that about myself, and I'm not going to change it. This is me, take it or leave it, but don't hurt my feelings, because I have them, and it hurts very badly coming from a friend...especially when it's not the first time. Again I respect anybody's opinion of me, just not always the delivery.
In other opinionated news...I'm missing "V" like crazy. I mean I'll make it a few more weeks, but darn it...we just had 16 LONG months apart, and I feel EXTREMELy vulnerable once again! "V" is my rock...my solid place...sometimes he drives me NUTS, but I think he's supposed to, and I miss him...I hope these next few weeks FLY by!
Monday, April 6, 2009
Head over to Kasey's and join in the fun while getting thing's off of your chest!
10 things that get me "FUZZED" up!
1. People who constantly compete with others... I don't care if your child gets better grades than mine or if your husband makes more money or you have a nicer car...I think that's great and I am happy for you, but I am also happy with me and what I have in my life...
2. Thoughtless people, I feel like the art of friendship is dying and it makes me very sad...I would love to see more people put more effort into their friendships in both giving and receiving
3. Ignorance...in every aspect, I am really disturbed with the ignorance I've recently noticed going around me in the world...it's sad and completely uncalled for and even worse that I hear people are passing it onto their children
4. Poor customer service skills...I think this is self explanatory
5. People who give advice they rarely follow, it's EXTREMELY hypocritical and drives me NUTS!
6. Closed off people...put yourself out there sometimes you have to take risks in life...believe me I've been hurt more times than I can count...but I will say the experience in the end has always been worth the risk
7. People unwilling to help themselves...if you need help ask for it or find the answers yourself either way get out there and make your life better...don't just sit and continue to be unhappy!
8. Redundancy....I like to be efficient, I don't have time to to do or go over the same thing a million times, let's just do it once and be done!
9. Homework...seriously, this is torture in my house with all 3 of my kiddos...they are all extremely bright and can do the work, but at home I would love to not have the stress and sometimes fights of homework, I would rather spend the small amount of time I feel like I have with them chilling out and not stressing
10.Blogging...no not really...only at times when I forget what I want to say or can't get to the computer to do it!
Ok all done...hope this makes sense it's late and I tend to ramble when it's late!
Jen over at Tatertots and Jello ( if you don't know her go see how COOL she is...NOW!) tagged me in what I thought would be a fun game til I realized I look terrible today...but wait that's probably the point!
Keeping It Real Game. These were the directions:
- Take a picture of yourself right now. No primping or preparing. Just snap a picture.
- Load the picture onto your blog.
- Tag some people to play. Remember, if you are tagged, we will all be heading to your blog to see if you played along.
Wow, why do I look like I'm 12??? I mean I guess I don't mind...but every once in a while it seems like people don't take me seriously because of it...it's frustrating and can make me feel bad
And now I tag, well I don't really know anyone who hasn't been tagged so my list is short...
1. Anna (who as long as I've known her never looks bad)
2. Chelsea ( my adorably cute sister)
Saturday, April 4, 2009
I am sitting obviously at the computer...when I should be in the laundry room, kitchen, bathroom, living room, entryway and bedrooms cleaning!!! "V" left yesterday, which means even though I love ya "V", I can get much more done around the house...that is if I didn't feel like throwing myself on the ground in a CRAZED temper tantrum!
So I'm asking if you're a true friend shouldn't you be over here helping me clean??? And by help I mean you clean while I sit on the couch...I think it's fair, after all I'm exhausted!
Oh and if you guys were smart you would get together and maybe make out a schedule and rotate out all of the work...I have a very small house so 2 or 3 people at a time should take care of it in about 5 hours or so....
PS I have cupcakes....
PPS(?) Don't worry about the mouse that "V" let loose in my bedroom and so I slept on the couch last night and made "D" lay 15 traps in there and so until he gets up and checks those traps nobody's going in there...so there's even less work...enticing isn't it!
PPSS(?) I just noticed this is my 200 post, am I supposed to give something away??? Ok then leave a comment and I will give one lucky person my.....oh!I know...the lovely "professionally" edited photo of myself....autographed...I may even be able to put it on photo paper....hurry contest closes as soon as my house is cleaned (which means you have time)
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Today is World Autism Awareness Day! It's an important Day in our house... "A" has one of the MANY forms of Autism.
Most people are surprised by that and it's always been very hard to have "A"'s Autism taken seriously, so please take some time...even if it's just a few minutes and learn more about Autism and the millions of children and families it affects, visit Autism Speaks and be informed!
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Now off to have the kids help me find some cool "stopping" points for our trip from Kansas to Virginia, and when I'm done with that I may Polyvore some dream boards for decorating ideas!!