Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Time to start planning...




Nope not about our move...but for our next party! This next theme is WWII USO Dance! I am super excited for this one! I think with all of our huge connection to the military and of course most of my friends are history buffs, and us girls love our vintage clothing, it just may be a knock out of a party!!!

So now it's time to come up with the ideas...what to decorate with...what to wear...

I have a really cool GIANT old Radio that we used as a prop here at work that I'm going to snag for the party...but I need to figure out how to combine war bonds, and rationing into the party...it may actually make the food a little cheaper...

So now my mind is really spinning!

4 comments:

  1. JESUS ERIN!! Give me some of your talent, intellegence and the secrets on how the FUCK you find time and MOTIVATION to do this sort of thing! I did back in the day when I had two kids in school and it was just me all day! BUT I have lost all that. :-( My writing abilities are gone...I'm afraid I've lost myself a bit. Hugs~Jamie (I don't remember my blogspot log in even!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out the episode from (I think) season 6 of the Gilmore Girls, Rory hosted a WWII USO theme dance, replete with an Andrews Sisters singing group! This sounds like a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I wish I could come! You could do some swing dancing (or is that the wrong time period?)

    I can't wait to hear all about it!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete