Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Tooting my own horn...

Today to try and help myself out of my rut I went way out of my comfort zone. I rode my bike all the way to the beach and back... it was just a quick 5.8 miles EACH WAY!!!! It wasn't easy and on the way there I had to take a slightly scary bike path, but the point is I MADE IT!!! Once I got to the beach I sat on one of the benches on the sidewalk and just watched the water, I kind of got a little teary because I feel myself changing. In a good way! I've been a smoker for most of my life but I've been cigarette free for 2 days now! I haven't had caffeine in 4 days. I can't say that I feel healthier, but I know I'm getting there.

So here was my view from my where I was sitting extremely proud of myself watching the water...

I do love my new hometown! I have so much available to me here!

1 comment:

  1. I love your bike. So cute! I have a cruiser (although not as cute as yours) and I love tooling around the neighborhood on it. It's so fun!!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete